Mission Statement: The Auburn Business Development Corporation (ABDC), a public-private partnership, develops specific projects that provide quality jobs and expand the tax base of Auburn.
The Purpose: To promote social welfare and to relieve inhabitants of the City of Auburn from economic distress caused by unemployment; to improve the local employment situation for persons needing jobs by encouraging and fostering industrial and mercantile expansion within the City’s area by presently established employers and by new employers; and to foster, encourage and assist the physical settlement or resettlement of industrial manufacturing, agricultural and other business enterprises and recreational projects in the City of Auburn.
The Goal: To leverage existing resources to develop industrial infrastructure to expand the local tax base, and to promote job retention and creation by supporting the General Purpose Foreign-Trade Zone, the Auburn/Lewiston Municipal Airport and the Intermodal Facility.
For more information or to contact ABDC, please call the Lewiston-Auburn Economic Growth Council at (207) 784-0161 and ask for George Dycio.
We invite you to view the Auburn Enterprise Center, a comprehensive master-planned business park that is uniquely and strategically situated in the heart of the logistical complex surrounding the Auburn Lewiston Airport.
ABDC Board of Directors:
- Darcie Beaudin, President, Skelton Taintor & Abbott
- Peter Bunker, Shad’s Advertising
- Georgia Chomas, Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate
- Dan A. Cote, Sr., The Cote Corporation
- Diane Dostie, Central Maine Community College
- Bob Drake, Savage Safe Handling
- Fred Frohardt
- Beth Humphrey, Town of Gray
- Rick Lanman, Auburn-Lewiston Municipal Airport
- Stephen C. Lunt
- Rick Malinowski, Proctor & Gamble
- Roland Miller, City of Auburn
- Peter Murphy, NeoKraft Signs, Inc.
- David Pierson, Esq., Eaton Peabody Consulting Group
- Peter Rausch, Treasurer
- Bruce Rioux, Sun Journal
- Ryan Smith, Camden National Bank
- John B. Storer, Auburn Water & Sewer District
- David Tassinari, Electrical Systems of Maine
- Daniel Thayer, Thayer Corporation